- The focus of the award is on contemporary jazz and improvised music. Participants are challenged to seek the boundaries of the genres.
- The average age of the band members must be around 25.
- Participants have to register and upload 2 of their own compositions and a rendition of Lonely Women by Ornette Coleman.
- The songs should be uploaded in mp3/320kbs format and not exceed 30 minutes in total.
- All files and required documents must be emailed or uploaded before 9th of October 2016.
- Participants are available during the dates of the semi finales and the final concert. Dates for the semi-finals are in consultation.
- Participants should allow registration of their concerts and publication of concert pictures, video clips taken during the concerts. These will strictly be used for this website, not for commercial purposes.
- Participants are responsible for bringing their own instruments (with the exception of a piano) and expenses for the (semi-)finals like travel costs, diners, hotel.
To become a participant for the Award you have to register by completing the registration form on this website and upload your two compositions and an adaptation of the composition Lonely Women by Ornette Coleman: click here
The registration for the Il Sole in Cantina Award is open from August 8th, 2016 until October 9th, 2016. To register complete the web registration-form and upload your music before the registration closes.
Once you have registered you´re asked to upload some additional documents by mail or preferably by ´we transfer´
- a short biography of your band
- a good looking picture of your band (jpg, max 1 MB)
- upload your two own compositions
- upload an adaptation of the composition ´Lonely Women´ by Ornette Coleman
After we have received your registration form and the required additional documents and uploaded compositions we will send a confirmation email. From that moment you are an Il Sole in Cantina Award participant!